Faith communities and churches are a vital part of our service model. They provide volunteers, and supports, that enable our care recipients to receive services free of charge.
We recognize that each church is unique. Key to our partnership model is designating a Team Leader within each congregation. Team Leaders help to integrate Hearts and Hands into your church culture, serving as a bridge and an ambassador to best mobilize your congregation in service with us.
Service is an integral part of spiritual formation. Participating in our mission furthers the mission of your own church, enabling members of your congregation to live out their faith and demonstrate love by addressing tangible needs within your community. Hearts and Hands provides a streamlined way to reach out and support older and physically-challenged adults within and around your congregation.
We make volunteering easy, and seek to make partnering with us easy too!
If members of my congregation volunteer, what can they expect?
- Live out the spirit of giving by sharing your time and talents with our care recipients.
- Select assignments that fit your schedule and interests, volunteering is flexible!
- Volunteer as often as you wish. Weekly, monthly, or seasonally.
- Volunteer Coordinators handle all of the arrangements.
- Mileage reimbursement and supplemental insurance coverage provided.
How do they get started?
- Enroll as a volunteer, either with your congregation's Team Leader, online, or just call (716) 406-8311 ext. 102.
- Attend a 45-minute volunteer orientation, hosted in-person or through Zoom, and learn all the ways you can serve.
- Start selecting assignments to respond to care recipient needs.
Our Community Focus: Erie and Eastern Niagara County.
For more information on partnering with Hearts & Hands, contact Heidi Nicklaus Lefebvre Hlefebvre@heartsandhandsfia.org.